Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Cowboy Up.

This week Gillette, Wy is hosting the National High School Rodeo Finals. My sister and the rest of the reporting staff are working double time to cover it all. I tagged along in true little sister fashion to the first round of events Sunday night.  I even wore Joy's cowboy hat part of the night, yea I did. I've never been to a rodeo and have decided this won't be my last one. It was absolutely fascinating. PETA however would have had a field day.

Joy told me to watch out for a certain rider- one of the best. His family owns a ranch out west. They spend half of the year living in a canvas tent moving cattle. He's one of the best because it's more than competing, it's his life. His older brother is just as talented and completes in the college level rodeos. I saw him complete and sure enough he made it look like a piece of cake.

In other news while Joy's new roommate Gabs was driving home a herd of antelope decided to cross the road in front of her. A whole herd. She didn't hit of them, but it was close call. She's decided she doesn't like antelope.

No comments:

Post a Comment