Thursday, July 14, 2011

Montana. Boom.

July is wrapping up quickly, too quickly in my personal opinion. Someone should find a way to slow down the month of July. In just a matter of weeks I shall return to Georgia. Am I thrilled to see my family and friends? Yes. Am I thrilled about temperatures in the 100s and high humidity? No.

Two weekends ago Joy flew to a wedding for a friend. She flew from Rapid City, South Dakota because it's much cheaper that way. When I went back to pick her up I decided to get there a little early. I've always liked going to airports. Typically airports are the best places to people watch. So I parked and walked into the airport to find myself and 3 airport employees. Yeap.

This past weekend I ventured up to Missoula, Montana. I could have stayed there for the rest of my life. In Missoula one will find rivers, mountains, great music and great food. What more could I ask for? It took about 9ish hours to get to Missoula, but it was worth the drive. Missoula may have just captured a piece of my heart.

Working at a coffee shop has several advantages. One advantage is getting to talk with customers when things are quiet. I've loved hearing where everyone is from (most people weren't born and raised in Gillette) and sharing why I came to Gillette. Most people are surprised I'm from Ga, apparently I don't sound southern. I do try to use ya'll as much as I can.

I've been meaning to ride a bike around town for several weeks now and finally gave it a go last week. An old friend of Joy's left a bike here that no one was using. Another friend helped Joy and I get it fixed so it would actually move as it should. I've noticed people have a saying it's like riding a bike, implying one never forgets how to ride a bike. Let me tell you, that's not true. I can't remember the last time I rode a bike before last week and I'd almost forgotten how. It took several minutes to get the flow and not feel like I might tip over and be one with the pavement.

1 comment:

  1. You posted this exactly at 7:00 PM; that is impressive. I'd like to tell you that the nicer weather that we've had in GA will stick around until you come back, but I know that it will probably be at an all-time high when you step off the plane. Oh well - soak it in:)

    ReplyDelete