Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Eat More Chicken

What a day. What a day.

Until I start working I've been my sister's shadow. Today I tagged along while she went on an assignment for the paper. The assignment taking pictures at a ranch. Yes I got to spent most of my day on a ranch. Troy and Ed the father and son who run the ranch showed us around. We went with them as they gathered up and fed the cattle these "cakes" ( protein treats ). When there isn't much grass the cattle are fed the cakes. Lots of observations were made today. Bulls are huge and rather intimidating. And they tend to blow snot rockets. Cows are super friendly and come when called. They come close enough to be fed by hand. And I got to do this.



Troy and Ed were hilarious and slightly baffled that they were showing 2 sisters from Georgia around their ranch. Mostly they were confused as to why I came to Wyoming. When I introduced myself and said I was from Ga, their first question was "Where's your accent?" At the conclusion of seeing the ranch I asked-
"Could I get a picture with ya'll?" Hearing ya'll sent them into hysterics.
And Mr. Ed's reply while laughing-
"Well that'll be like a rose between two thorns."


I couldn't help but feel guilty while all the eyes of dozens and dozens of cattle looked at me. Chickfila's motto of "eat more chicken" went through my head a lot. And yet I had beef for dinner. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment